CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Blog feature: IttyBittiesForYou






I know it has been a little while since I posted one of these, but this shop is awesome! Jennifer creates some of the cutest little miniatures. Very cute & unique ideas! Here are a few of my favorite pieces currently for sale in her shop..



these cookies magnets look good enough to eat!









aren't these little owls a hoot? :)







i love the details on this puppy family!



I asked Jennifer a few questions about polymer clay, and her experiences with it, and here is what she had to say..

1.)What made you choose polymer clay as a medium?When I was first introduced to polymer clay, I had never even heard of it. I was very young, so I think that I chose it because it was an art medium that I could do practically whenever and wherever I wanted. When I found polymer clay, it was very accessible for kids and I had a lot of easy tutorials and books to look through. But it’s interesting to me because as I’ve gotten older I’ve never gotten tired or bored with it. It’s a medium that is capable of growing and evolving with the artist, so I suppose that’s why I’ve never stopped!

2.)How long have you been creating with polymer clay?I’ve been creating with polymer clay since I was 8 years old, so that’s 13 years now! I was introduced to it through a children’s craft book published by Klutz. It was just a coincidence, really. The connection was immediate. As soon as I started using it I couldn’t stop! I immediately started creating my own characters and miniatures and the rest is history.

3.)What are your favorite techniques?I don’t have any specific favorites, but sculpting is definitely my forte. I have to admit that even though I’ve been using it for more than half of my life, I really don’t know how to do the “famous” techniques that many seasoned clayers use. For instance, I still have no clue how to create a Skinner blend and I can’t create a cane for the life of me! In a way it makes me feel out of the loop, but on the positive side, gives me an incredible amount of freedom to use clay in any way that I want and not feel judged.

If I would have to give a new clayer some advice, the first thing I would tell them is to constantly build upon your ideas. If you’ve made a piece that you believe is fabulous, bake it, then sit down with it in front of you and create it again. Only this time try to change something about it and make it better. This is hard to do, but it doesn’t have to be huge...just an element. Think outside of the box and don’t be afraid of what others say about you and your work. You would be shocked to find what you are capable of creating!

Visit her shop!






0 comments: